Hey you all ! How have you all been doing ?
I am a big time cleanser hoarder. Trying out and experimenting with different products, time to time as per the needs of my skin has helped me try out a number of cleansers and facewashes till now.
With summers almost knocking on the doors, I wanted a good cleanser that could wipe away any kind of dirt, stickiness and oil from my face which tends to clog my pores, making my skin all the more dull and so I thought of trying my hands on this easily accessible drugstore cleanser : The Olay White Radiance and Brightening Foaming Cleanser.
The Olay White Radiance Brightening Foaming Cleanser:
Packaging : The product comes in a white inverted plastic tube packaging with a flap cap and a nozzle to control the quantity of the product
Price : The product retails for about Rs 349 for 100ml of product
What it claims :
- The product claims to brighten the dull and uneven skin
- Provide instant healthy looking radiance
- Removes dirt and oil without over drying the skim
- Leaves the skin smooth, conditioned and even textured
Directions To Use :
- Moisten the hands and face with water
- Squeeze a small amount of product onto the palms to release the rich creamy and foamy lather
- Apply onto the face and neck
- Rinse thoroughly with water
MY EXPERIENCE :
- I have been using this cleanser, once in a day (usually mornings) for more than 2 weeks now
- This cleanser has a rich creamy texture which helps up to build up a good amount of foam
- This cleanser helps me wipe away any kind of oiliness or stickiness (specially from my T-zone)
- The cleanser also helps in instantly brightening up my skin which I really like
- The cleanser is not meant to moisturize our skins, neither does it claim that
- I prefer to use it once a day rather than using it twice as I don’t want my face to get ripped off it’s natural oils too often
- The ingredient list does contain certain elements that would not be of any help in the long run for the skin and if you’re looking for a cleanser with natural and organic ingredients then you shall overlook this one
- Apart from the ingredients, this cleanser does a great job in providing my face with a good and immediate radiance
- Would not recommend this product to dry or sensitive skin types. It would work the best on oily and combination skin types.
- Helps in wiping away any dirt or oil from the face
- Face looks radiant and brightened up post it’s use
- Travel friendly packaging
- Rich creamy texture
- Easily available online or in any drugstore
- Would have preferred a cleanser with skin friendly ingredients in the long run
- Not suitable for all skin types
- Better plus economical, organic and natural cleansers are available in the market
VERDICT : C
I love how my skin feels post using this cleanser i.e, absolutely free from any dirt or unclogged pores and all brightened up. The product definitely reaches up to it’s claims. Though the product would not suit me during winters, as I have extremely dry skin during winters and this cleanser is not very hydrating. The product therefore is not for all skin types. The product is priced averagely, as many herbal/organic cleansers are available in the same price range in the market. Also certain elements from the ingredient list puts me off and I truly was shocked to see them in a leading cosmetic brand like Olay. If you are looking forward to natural and organic formulas in your cleanser, then give this one a skip. Thereby I rated this one as : ‘C ‘
Would I Repurchase It?
No! I would not repurchase this facewash as I would prefer a product which is hydrating enough for all skin types and has better ingredients present in it for the skin in the long run.
What are your thoughts on this product ? Let me know in the comments section below !
Recommended posts :
- The Plum Grape Seed and Sea Buckthorn Day & Night Moisturizing Creams 🍒🍇 | Review
- Everyuth Naturals Exfoliating Walnut Scrub | Worth The hype ?
- Battling ACNE ? Here’s my take on Neutrogena !
I hope you liked my honest feedback and if you did, please do consider subscribing to my blog. Show some love by liking, sharing and commenting your views or thoughts on the same. Also you may leave your blog link along with the comments and I’ll visit it for sure 🙂
Disclaimer : The above written content and pictures belong to me. I do not intend to force my thoughts or opinions on anyone. The above product is owned by me and is not a sponsored write up. I have used this product for quite sometime in order to provide you with an honest review. One thing to keep in mind regarding any beauty/ skin care product is that not everything works for every skin type. So you may make a wiser decision regarding what works better for you all.
Not liking a particular product or a brand does not mean that I hate