“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
The pearl of the Indian Ocean, Andaman Islands need no introduction. A long lost gem of the ocean and despite having a horrid reputation during the colonial reign, these islands were strategically given to India post the freedom by the Brits. The Andaman Islands are no longer a secret or any mystery. It is one of the most coveted tourist destinations in entire India. Despite an uprising in it’s tourism and changing times, somehow there still is a major chunk of these islands which remain untouched by the world and inhabited by numerous indigenous tribes since decades. These islands are raw yet beautiful and so close to nature! The crystal clear waters and pristine white beaches could just make you head over heels for this laid back place.
I have always cherished beaches and coastlines. However, despite visiting a lot many other beach destinations till now, none of them can ever be compared to the Andaman Islands. Here are 5 reasons you need to visit the Andaman Islands :
- Less Pollution : Fresh air, clean waters and calmness all around is why we chose to spend a week at the Andaman Islands. The pristine white sands and crystal blue waters were something we had not experienced ever since we had dived at The Barrier Reef. Andaman Islands was even cleaner than Australia as a matter of fact.
- Less Traffic : Sometimes being away from the crowd is all what it takes to be yourself and regain all your energy. With the slightest number of visitors all around as compared to many other famous inbound destinations (like : Goa, Puducherry and Kerela), this place aced at more of trees and forests as compared to the number of tourists. It was truly fascinating! It would just be about carrying our old bedsheet on the two wheeler and stop anywhere in the middle of any beach line at the Havelock Island and have a picnic out there.
- Cleaner Beaches : Have you seen sea shells move ? Turtle eggs laying on the sand and corals shine from within the waters? Well, that is one of the most common sights you would experience if you head towards this belt of islands. Drinking up the sweetest of coconut waters along with fresh tropical fruits was a delight all the more.
- Tranquility & Close to Nature : With almost nil networks on the phones and a lot more greenery and calmness, Andamans fulfilled our long lost desire of a peaceful vacation. Far away from the busy world and our share of responsibilities, it was truly a holiday where, even if we wanted to check out our mails, it was not possible. I had the time of my life with my husband who was only with me and rather not his phone or indulged into work. With pristine white beaches and soft sands all around, Andaman islands will always be my number one destination that I would certainly recommend to all the beach lovers and workaholics too.
- Simple Life : Yes ! Speaking of a place which is simple and rather not well equipped with a lot many amenities still makes it on the top of my list of a beach destination. The Havelock Islands face a lot of issues regarding restocking a major chunk of it’s basic facilities as most of the stuff is transported via ferries. Sea storms are very common here. Despite being less equipped in some of it’s basic facilities with nothing much fancy or regal, this factor somehow never bothered us. We could enjoy a simple lifestyle because we just couldn’t take our eyes off the serene world we had come into. The simplicity we found could encompass self sufficiency into our lives. After all, Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
I hope you liked my post and if you did, please do consider subscribing to my blog. Any feedback, thoughts or comments on my post would be great. You may leave the link of your blog in the comment’s section and I’ll visit you for sure 😊
Keep Glittering 💫
Rise N Shine ⭐
Recommended posts :
- A Day at Geithoorn ~ The Fairytale Village 👰
- THE ANDAMAN ADVENTURE
- All that you need to know about the Sin city|Fun Facts| Amsterdam
- Things to consider before planning a visit to DISNEYLAND !
Follow me here :
INSTAGRAM : the_glitterati_affair
Disclaimer : All the views presented above are purely mine. I do not intend to impose them on anyone as they’re based on my personal experiences. The matter written above and pictures presented above have been written and clicked by me (respectively). Also I have taken special care of not personifying any specific person in my pictures. The suggestions and opinions are my personal thoughts which I am sharing here with you all through this platform. Not liking a particular place or activity does not mean that I hate it or am against it. This post is related to the tourism and culture of a particular place / country and therefore it does not imply on places which do not support/allow such a lifestyle. For any further queries, please feel free to reach me at : email@example.com