Hey you all!
How have you guys been doing?
Well today, I have a post dedicated to haircare. I have a wierd combination of oily scalp and dry hair. However, I just can’t just let them be this way. Having a good decent shampoo which provides our hair with a daily dose of protein is very important. Since proteins form the building blocks of hair strands, I tried my hands on the Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo, which I shall be reviewing today.
THE HIMALAYA HERBALS PROTEIN SHAMPOO :
- Availability : Himalaya Herbals Official website, Nykaa, Flipkart, Amazon and eaily available at a lot many utility stores too
- Packaging : The Himalayas Protein Shampoo comes in an opaque white plastic bottle packaging with a green coloured flap cap and a nozzle to control the quantity of the product
- Price : The products retails for Rs 216 holding about 400ml of product
- What the Product Claims : The company claims this product to be enriched with natural extracts of protein rich herbs, thereby fulfilling our hair with three basic needs – strength, reduced hair fall and protection from everyday damage.
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate
- Decyl Glucoside
- Lauryl Glucoside
- Potassium Sorbate
- Citric Acid
- Glycirrhiza Glabra Root Extract
- Phyllanthus Emblica Root Extract
- Hydrogenated Starch
- Sodium Hydroxide
My Experience :
I have been using this shampoo for quite sometime now. This shampoo has a medium runny consistency and has a mild herbal fragrance which is quite soothing and pleasant. The product lathers well and it helps in cleaning off my scalp effectively by removing all the dirt and oiliness. My scalp feels fresh and free from any dirt. I could also feel a considerable change in the texture of my hair (in terms of strength) . The protein element in this shampoo seemed to have worked here.
I also noticed a reduction in my split ends but however, I felt my hair a lot more drier than before. Despite working on my oily scalp, the shampoo seemed to be a little too harsh on my hair thereby making them lose their moisture.
This large bottle lasted me for about 2.5 months which is decent enough as you need a little quantity to lather up and wash up your hair (the quantity factor also depends upon the length and volume of the hair though )
- The product is economical
- It cleans off my oily scalp effectively from any kind of dirt and stickiness
- Does protect the hair from everyday damage and pollution
- The bottle lasts for a pretty long time
- Reduced my split ends too
- This shampoo cannot be defined exactly as a ‘herbal shampoo’ since it contains a lot many chemical ingredients and sulphates plus parabens
- The shampoo couldn’t show any effect on the moisture level of my hair strands as they became even more drier
- Claims to suit all hair types but doesn’t
VERDICT : C–
Even though this shampoo is dead cheap as compared to the quantity available, this product did not live upto my expectations. This product is suitable for people with extremely oily hair and scalp. I was looking for a herbal shampoo but the ingredient list is not satisfactory. Keeping the ingredient list away, the product made my scalp cleaner but on the contrary my hair all the more dry which was a major turn off for me.
What are your thoughts on this product ? Let me know in the comments section below 🙂
I hope you liked my honest feedback and if you did, please do consider subscribing to my blog. Show some love by liking, sharing and commenting your views or thoughts on the same. Also you may leave your blog link along with the comments and I’ll visit it for sure 🙂
Recommended posts :
- VLCC Almond Enriched Under Eye Cream! Hit or Miss?
- The Aroma Magic Under Eye Gel | Review
- Hair Fall During Rainfall | Monsoon Hair Woes
Keep Glittering 💫
Rise N Shine ☀️
Follow me here :
Instagram : the_glitterati_affair
Disclaimer : The above written content and pictures belong to me. I do not intend to force my thoughts or opinions on anyone. The above product is owned by me and is not a sponsored write up. I have used this product for quite sometime in order to provide you with an honest review. One thing to keep in mind regarding any beauty/ skin care product is that not everything works for every skin type. So you may make a wiser decision regarding what works better for you all.
Not liking a particular product or a brand does not mean that I hate it.